Monday 7 September 2020

Prelude to Always - A little feather

I once found a dear little feather, once upon a time, back in the Prelude days. 

And that little feather brought me much delight in its exquisite smallness and the rich diversity of colour and pattern packed into its tiny being. I picked up the little feather, and held it in my hand, along with the intention to carry it with me, to keep it. 

And then alas, a light breeze had other ideas for this sweet wisp of lightness, and suddenly it was gone, never to be found by me again, despite much searching and dismay.

And then I remembered the beautiful Earth Lover poster made by my lovely friend Jinari, with its line "Wear flowers and feathers in your hair, then cast them to the wind," and instead I felt glad that my feather had followed its freedom and flown.

And then in its place, the place it had warmed in my heart and in my soul, instead I found a little song:

A little feather

And here you can listen, or download, this little song.

And today I am dedicating this little song, and this little story, to some treasured and courageous souls who have flown into my life on the breeze, to stay a little while, honouring me and honouring us collectively, with weekly presence and sharing, as we (have/) journey(/ed) together through the Good Grief 10 Step program (created by yet more courageous treasures), until on our way we will be, leaving a warmed place of connection, and beauty absorbed, in my heart and soul.

Some other treasured feathers that have blown my way to stay a little while, or longer



1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet song and memory, Liz. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete