Saturday 14 July 2018

My number one treasure

So it's been another one of those weeks of mucked up, cancelled, confused and missed plans; difficult nights with not enough sleep; flat out days with not enough down time to straighten out the wrinkles in my tired brain; children working through big changes, and big emotions, needing a lot of input and energy; and for that matter grown up me doing this too. All not helped by the basics of enough water and good nutritious food being replaced by too much coffee and too many grabbed junky snacks; and technology, as always, failing in the middle of it all and adding to the stress, making organising anything even more difficult, and stressing out nostalgic me that I have lost records in words, sounds and images of treasured memories from these precious months with tiny people changing so fast, every single day... (But in a turn around after a day of panic, they are not lost yet and I am working through the convoluted process of ensuring their safety via still somewhat problematic too old and secondhand technology... First world problems I know...)

So, instead of the piece also now still unfinished that was lining up to bump in ahead of the next prelude piece yet unfinished, it seemed time for an ode to my partner, who has helped me keep it together through it all, this week, and every week...

My beloved partner is the absolute best. He is so perfectly imperfect, just right for me. He is just what I need, and everything that I have always really and truly wanted, in the depths of my heart and my soul, even though some parts of it took me a long time to work out, in my mixed up ways as I went, making not always quite as good choices...

In the end I found him, or, I guess, he found me. And for that, every single day, I am grateful.

When I hit my toughest moments, he doesn't judge; instead he supports me, unconditionally.

He is there for me and there for our family. He is our rock and our calm in the storm.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes he's the storm too, when he's had a tough day, and not enough sleep. Nobody's perfect! And on those days, I do my best to be there for him too.

Sometimes, both leaning on each other through the hardest moments, we manage to stay upright, when each alone might perhaps have fallen. Perhaps, with the strength of a triangle, the top two sides meeting in the middle, the weight of the other bearing down through the struggles is sometimes even all that holds the other up...

Together, we make it through.

And so, I am thankful, every single day.

Bless his cotton socks, his beautiful smiles, his bright happy beaming eyes and his sad puppy dog eyes too. Bless him for singing and dancing with me and bringing joy and laughter to our days. 

Bless him for his openness and his honesty.

Bless him for his beautiful cuddles and kisses and all of his lots and lots of love. 

Bless him for working hard, to give us what we need. And bless him for doing the dishes, almost every single day. 

Bless him for leaving clothes all over the house then fussing over my socks. Bless him for bearing with my quirks and foibles, and loving me for just who I am. Bless him for letting me know when I need to pull my head in and when I need to pull up my socks, or when I need to put them away...

Bless him for encouraging me to do my thing, and for helping me to grow.

Bless him for making choices together, working as a team, and helping things flow.

Bless him for being the man he is, and my man to boot. 

Bless him for being such an adorable father, loving and caring for and guiding our girls as they grow. Bless him for holding them through their tears, especially in those moments where I feel like I'm being torn in two, unable to be there for both of them at once. Bless him for making them smile and laugh, and bless watching them love him too.

Bless him for being by my side, helping to steer the ship and to chart our way through unknown waters. Bless him for helping to baton the hatches and ride the waves through dark and stormy nights; for helping us to pause with patience in the becalmed moments of stillness when it feels like we're going nowhere; and for helping us to forge ahead in the sometimes rare moments of blissful smooth sailing.

I love you my sweetheart, my darling, my dear. Every moment is a blessing, when you are near.


I know in the depths of my heart and my soul that we are in this together, forever. And for that commitment, that trust, and our love, I am so very grateful. Every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment